"New Legislation Affecting the Medical Profession"
Current debates over health care reform represent only the latest transformations of health insurance and financing over the last half-century.
This slideshow presents meeting posters dating from 1954 to 1979 from the archives of the Essex County Medical Society. At these meetings, local physicians learned about such radical new concepts as Medicare and HMOs.
Then, as now, change was constant.
- 1954, New legislation
- 1958, Voluntary health insurance
- 1958, Impact of unions on health plans
- 1959, Blue Shield benefits
- 1960, Recent changes in Blue Shield and Blue Cross
- 1961, How health insurance affects you
- 1966, Doctors' role in Medicare
- 1968, Medicare as it affects the doctor today
- 1969, Doctor's future in the hospital
- 1972, Contract medicine, prepaid group practice
- 1975, National health legislation
- 1979, Federal legislation and other proposals
Essex County Medical Society: Records, 1816-2009
UMDNJ University Libraries - Special Collections