Rutgers University Libraries welcomes the Rutgers community and visitors to our resources and spaces. The following policies help support our work and ensure an inclusive and respectful atmosphere.
Appropriate Use of the Libraries
Any activity that interferes with user or staff safety or use of the Libraries is not permitted and users engaged in these activities will be required to leave the building.
Borrowing privileges and loan periods may vary based on your status with Rutgers University.
- Rutgers Student Borrowing
- Rutgers Faculty and Staff Borrowing
- Alumni, Guest, and Visitor Borrowing
Cell Phones and Personal Electronics
Except for medical personnel, the Rutgers University Libraries require library users to set cell phones and other electronic devices on non-audible signals. Medical personnel who cannot set their device to non-audible should use the lowest ringer or alert volume.
Food and Drink
Food and Drink policies vary by location.
- Food and Drink Policies in Camden
- Food and Drink Policies in Newark
- Food and Drink Policies in New Brunswick
Photographs or Films
All requests to film or photograph in a library facility or at a library event must be shared with and processed by the Communications Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Rutgers University Libraries and the appropriate University contact:
- Office of Community Affairs in New Brunswick and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences
- Office of Communications in Newark
- Communications Office in Camden
These guidelines apply to all requests, including, but not limited to, requests from outside vendors, directors, student groups, and classes. View full guidelines for photography and film in the libraries.