Study Room Policies at Robeson
Study rooms are intended as a quiet place for students to work and study. If you are familiar with this system you may book a room now.
If you have any questions or concerns about the study room equipment please feel free to contact the RU - Camden IT Help Desk located on the main floor of the Paul Robeson Library. Technical Support can also be reached anytime by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone during operating hours at 856-225-6274.
Who can reserve
At this time, only current Rutgers Students with a valid Rutgers NetID may reserve rooms for study using the reservation system. You will receive an email confirming your reservation at the account associated with your Rutgers NetID.
A study room may be booked for 2 hours per day in 1-hour increments. You may use a total of 8 hours maximum in a period that covers 5 days prior to and after the current date.
You will automatically receive access 5-10 minutes before your reservation and for 15-20 minutes afterwards. If you make a real-time reservation, it could take up to 3-5 minutes before you gain swipe access.
To avoid losing your time allowance for a meeting you cannot make, you may cancel your reservation online. To cancel a reservation that has not already started, click on your booking in the student view calendar, and then chose yes. If you need assistance with cancelling your reservation, please visit the circulation desk.
There is a 15-minute grace period attached to your reservation. If you do not arrive within the grace period, your reservation becomes void and others will be able to book the room.
- Reservations are not transferable; the user who makes the reservation must be in the room during the reserved time.
- The study rooms are intended for use by Rutgers University students only and are not open to the general public.
- Any problems regarding room use should be immediately reported to one of the services desks located on the first floor either in-person or by phone. Circulation Desk: 856-225-2848 or Reference Desk: 856-225-6034.
- Students who make reservations are guaranteed use of the room for the specific date and time requested. Other students must honor that request or will be asked to leave.
- If a room has no reservation then it is open for student use.
- If the room is booked for a specific time please vacate the room a few minutes in advance of the booking time so the next student can be accommodated.
- Study rooms typically close one hour prior to closing.
- Please keep voices to a minimum while using the study room.
- Notices that you may be video recorded have been displayed at the entrance of this building. Please note that there are also ceiling-mounted cameras located in the study rooms. If the lighted switch on the wall of the room is illuminated, you are requesting your copy of a recording. The person that schedules this room will receive a streaming link at their official Rutgers email. If you have any issues with not receiving your recording, please contact the RU - Camden IT Help Desk at email@example.com.