Research data management refers to planning, organizing, sharing, and preserving the data and documentation used to generate published research output. The New Brunswick Data Team can support your data management needs in a number of ways. Contact the team: NBL_DataTeam@libraries.rutgers.edu.
We offer workshops on data analysis, data management, data visualization, and more. See the list of upcoming workshops.
Data management planning
Sample data management plans
- UC San Diego Sample NSF Data Management Plans
- NIH Data Sharing Guidance
- Data Management Plans for NEH Office of Digital Humanities Proposals and Awards
- Digital Curation Centre (UK) Checklist for a Data Management Plan
- USGS Data Management Plans and Checklist
For data description and preparation for use by others, there are many excellent guides, including ICPSR’s Guide to Social Science Data Preparation and Archiving, and Oak Ridge National Laboratory's Guide to Data Management.
Directories of data repositories are available at re3data and this listing of open access data repositories. NIH has provided guidance on selecting a repository for its funded research.