Please check back frequently, as the building operating status is being continually reevaluated.
Last updated September 28, 2020
- Smith Library is open for study to all Rutgers students/faculty/staff from 8am-6pm
- From 8am-9am, access will be limited to at-risk individuals. Thank you for showing courtesy to others.
- You will need to sign in and show your Rutgers ID
- Occupancy is limited, mandated by state guidelines, and will be enforced by security personnel
- You must wear a mask and adhere to social distancing
- Visits are limited to 2 hours
- Study rooms remain closed until further notice
- Reference and instruction services are online only
- Any student, faculty, or staff who will be entering a Rutgers building is expected to obtain a Campus Pass available at my.rutgers.edu prior to entry
Robert Wood Johnson Library
RWJ Library remains closed until further notice.
Computing, Printing, Scanning
- Staff support for computers, printing & scanning will be available from 8am-5pm
- From 8am-9am, library computers are restricted to use by individuals identified as high risk
- Limited seating is available in accordance with social distancing
- The circulation desks aren't open, but most of library's circulating collections are available for Click and Collect.
- To use Click and Collect, sign in to QuickSearch, find the item you want, and select Request Pickup for eligible items. You'll receive pickup instructions when your materials are ready.
- You can return Rutgers library materials to Smith Library Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm. A return bin is located at the library entrance by the security station.
Reference and Instruction
- The libraries continue to provide reference and instruction services virtually.
- Contact a subject specialist for assistance in your field.