Information for Researchers
- Open Access Policy and SOAR
- Rutgers University Community Repository
- Research Data Services
- Digitization Projects
- NIH Public Access and More
- Rutgers Open Access Journals
- Copyright and Licensing
- Citation Management Tools
- Digital Curation Research Center
- Digital Humanities
- Research Impact
- Scholarly Networking Tools
- Free assistance and advice on designing your data strategy and preparing the Data Management Plan for your grant proposal (See Guidance for the NSF Data Management Plan Grant Requirement
- Archive and share your research data through the RUresearch Data Portal of the Rutgers
- See the RU Libraries Research Guide to Data Management for further information and resources
- Request Data management workshop
"Good data management practice allows reliable verification of results and permits new and innovative research built on existing information. This is important if the full value of public investment in research is to be realized."
- Managing and Sharing Data: Best Practices for
Researchers, UK Data Archive.
- Funding agencies are increasingly requiring data management plans in grant applications.
- Many journals require submission of research data when an article is accepted for publication.
- Shared research data may improve project impact both in terms of additional citations and improved visibility of the research, the researcher, and the institution.
What is Research Data Management?
- Grant Proposal: Data Management Plan to document use of research data
- Research Design: Dataset organization and management, documentation, choosing standardized metadata to be used throughout the research process
- Data Analysis: Data storage, security, and backup
- After Publication: Preserve, share, and archive research data.
The Rutgers University Libraries (RUL) offers a unique set of resources to assist you in managing your data through the research process. The historical goal of the library has been to aggregate, preserve, and share information. RUL is also a major campus information technology provider, which puts RUL in a unique position to support your data management needs with a strong technology infrastructure and the processes to preserve and share your data.