Please check back frequently, as the building operating status is being continually reevaluated.
Last updated February 4, 2021
- Study areas at Alexander (College Ave) and Carr (Livingston) are open to current Rutgers faculty/staff/students
- You'll need to show Rutgers ID and register with security; visits are limited to 2 hours
- Occupancy is limited, mandated by state guidelines, and will be enforced by security personnel
- You must wear a mask and maintain social distancing. No eating or drinking is permitted.
- Any student, faculty, or staff who will be entering a Rutgers building is expected to obtain a Campus Pass available at my.rutgers.edu prior to entry
- The first hour of opening is reserved for at-risk individuals. Thank you for showing courtesy to others.
Computing, Printing, Scanning
- OIT labs are open and offer printing and scanning
- Occupancy is limited, mandated by state guidelines, and will be enforced by OIT staff
- Poster printing is currently unavailable
- The library stacks and service desks aren't open, but most of library's circulating collections are available for Click and Collect.
- To use Click and Collect, sign in to QuickSearch, find the item you want, and select Request Pickup for eligible items. You'll receive pickup instructions when your materials are ready.
- You can return Rutgers library materials to Alexander, Carr, Douglass, the Library of Science and Medicine (LSM), and the School of Management and Labor Relations (SMLR). Read more about returning books in New Brunswick/Piscataway.
Reference and Instruction
- The libraries continue to provide reference and instruction services virtually.
- Contact a subject specialist for assistance in your field.
Special Collections and University Archives
SCUA faculty and staff are working remotely, with limited access to physical collections, to support research and instruction. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.