Policies and Guidelines
- Access to Library Resources and Services
- Bulletin Board Policy
- Cooperative Access Arrangements
- Drop-Off Book Donation Policy
- Exhibitions Policy
- Guidelines for Fielding Requests to Film or Photograph in Library Facilities
- Meeting Rooms Policy
- Open Discovery Initiative (ODI)
- Tabling Guidelines
- User Conduct and Security
The Rutgers University Libraries welcome Rutgers student organizations, departments, and other university units to table at many of our library locations. While details vary depending on library location, all tabling will adhere to the below guidelines. Please submit your request at least one week in advance of your event to ensure that we can accommodate your group. The library reserves the right to cancel or decline requests.
- Rutgers University student organizations, departments, centers, institutes, and programs may reserve a table in designated areas of libraries offering tabling. The following Rutgers Libraries allow tabling:
- There is no charge for tabling in a Rutgers University Library.
- The name of the Rutgers group reserving the table must be displayed on the table.
- All table events must adhere to the Rutgers Filming and Photography Guidelines and the Libraries Guidelines for Fielding Requests to Film or Photograph in Library Facilities.
- No amplified sound is allowed.
- All walkways and hallways must be kept clear.
- Food and drink are not permitted during tabling events.
- Library locations may prohibit glitter, confetti, sand, or other items that require additional cleaning. Balloons must be securely anchored.
- The group is responsible for removal of all trash, decorations, and signage. Please allow sufficient time for cleanup so that the next scheduled table event is not delayed.
Approved September 19, 2023