- Alexander Library
- Art Library
- Carr Library
- Chang Library
- Douglass Library
- East Asian Library
- Library of Science & Medicine
- Math & Physics Library
- Performing Arts Library
- Special Collections & University Archives
Requesting and Citing Materials
Requesting (using a call slip)
To fill in the call slip you need the following information:
- Call number: the number or code that identifies a certain book or collection. When it concerns a collection that is described in a finding aid it is the manuscript or accession number (usually starting with MC or Ac). View a visible guide where to find call numbers in QuickSearch.
- Author: name of the author of a publication or the creator of a collection
- Title: title of the publication or name of collection
- Sublocation: a sublocation indicates the location of a materials and is required for our staff to pull materials. View a visible guide where to find sub-locations in the catalog.
For manuscript and archival collections use the following sequence: Item description and date, collection name and call number, box number and folder number or title, Special Collections and University Archives, Rutgers University Libraries.
- Example: Archibald Alexander to Adlai Stevenson, June 27, 1961, Archibald S. Alexander Papers (MC 1190), box 3, folder 7, Special Collections and University Archives, Rutgers University Libraries.
Please note that if an existing finding aid is only a container list, please indicate the box number and a description of the folder in which the item was found.