- Alexander Library
- Art Library
- Carr Library
- Chang Library
- Douglass Library
- East Asian Library
- Library of Science & Medicine
- Math & Physics Library
- Performing Arts Library
- Special Collections & University Archives
Digital Learning Commons
The Digital Learning Commons (DLC) is a state-of-the-art, multimedia collaboration center and a new premier on-campus destination for the Rutgers–New Brunswick community. It is located on the first floor of Alexander Library on the College Avenue Campus.
Take a virtual tour of the Digital Learning Commons!
- Visit the Information Desk in the DLC.
- Call the Libraries information desk: 848-932-6000.
- Contact a librarian subject specialist in New Brunswick.
- Use the Ask a Librarian chat or email service.
- Book one of the DLC spaces.
More About the DLC
The DLC is the largest indoor gathering space available to students at Rutgers–New Brunswick outside a gymnasium or cafeteria. It is also a universally accessible “third space” for students. Although not every student eats at a dining hall or lives in a dorm, 100% of students have access to the DLC by virtue of their being a member of the Rutgers community. In the COVID-19 era, the DLC helps demonstrate the continued value of President Holloway’s vision for an “in-person” university experience.
Many of the spaces and rooms within the DLC are freely accessible while others require you to make a reservation. Visit the Bookable Rooms page to reserve your space.
The DLC’s features were curated around the idea of enriching the student experience and providing students access to the tools they need to succeed at Rutgers and beyond. These include:
- Information Desk: Located in the center of the DLC, this desk has a joint Libraries and Office of Information Technology (OIT) presence to assist students with all their information needs.
- Computer Lab: Featuring 70+ computer stations, the lab contains height-adjustable desks that allow students to sit or stand depending on their preference. The machines include software for design, editing, and other multimedia applications. Printing is also provided.
- Huddle Rooms: These spaces provide room for group work and collaboration. There are four Huddle Rooms available, each seating up to five people and offering a table, office seating, a Samsung TV, and a whiteboard.
- One-Button Rooms / AV Studios: These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment including cameras and green-screens to allow students to capture professional-quality video of their presentations at the push of a button. The rooms can accommodate a maximum of 3 people at a time.
- Audio Booth (Podcast Mixing Booth) : The booth provides students with the opportunity to record a podcast, complete a class assignment, an interview, or any other audio project. The room is equipped with microphones, a recording and mixing board, a computer with software pre-installed, and instructions on how to use the equipment. A desk, office seating for three, and several outlets are also provided.
- Pitch Room: Also known as the “Red Room,” this is the energy center of the DLC, an innovation space where industry, campus partners, and students can come together to explore new ideas. The room has seating for up to 12 people.
- Conference Room: This 12-seat, state-of-the-art, conference room includes a motion-tracking camera to allow remote connections while offering speakers—whether corporate or campus—the flexibility to move freely about the meeting space. The room is open for student use after 6:00 pm on weekdays.
- Other Amenities: Other features include moveable space partitions, mobile white boards, Wi-Fi printing, and USB/power access at every piece of furniture in the room. The indoor foliage and color scheme used throughout the space were designed to produce a relaxing, creative learning environment that promotes mental wellness.